The International Nursing Interest Group (INIG) is an official interest group of RNAO. Join when you sign-up or renew with RNAO
We encourage all members to comment on items they find interesting (no sign-in required).
INIG is interested in promoting universally accessible, affordable, and equitable health care for all. INIG endeavors to create an environment which fosters growth, understanding and collaboration on global issues that impact nurses and nursing practice locally and internationally.
Continue networking with nurses at national and international levels, and to increase awareness of issues pertaining to international and inter-cultural nursing.
- Provide opportunities for members to exchange ideas and information concerning health care and nursing issues in the context of international health experience.
- Promote and provide development opportunities for nurses related to global health issues.
- Increase awareness of developments and issues in primary health care using the World Health Organization definition.
- Network with similar groups locally, nationally, and internationally to increase awareness of trans-cultural experience.
- Provide a forum for nurses to examine Ontario’s health care system, comparing and contrasting it to other health care systems nationally and internationally.
- Disseminate information about RNAO and facilitate dialogue between the professional association and INIG.
- Promote social justice and equity to both recipients and providers of health care services.